Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Little's Lunches 22

Yum
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! For us, we had some very scary weather and ended up needing to clean up the storm damage on our property in between taking shelter in the closet from what felt like the constant ringing of tornado warnings. No Bueno.
Even though what we had to deal with was no fun, I know many in the surrounding communities fared much worse than we did. The stories that are trickling in are heart wrenching and it makes you just want to grab your kids and hug them and never let them go!
OK, no more depressing talk- there are only 7 days of school left!!!!! That statement gives me a mixture of excitement and terror. What do you have planned for summer?
Here's what I packed in our lunchboxes last week:
 Monday: sliced ham, potato salad, veggies and ranch, fruit salad and a pickle
 Tuesday: Peanut butter on raisin bread, mixed veggies and ranch. I know this doesn't look like much, but the raisin bread I had was really thick, so I knew that a good smear of PB would fill the kids up!
 Wednesday: Cheese quesadillas and guacamole, veggies and chocolate berry granola. I am on a huge granola kick lately, and this stuff is delicious! I got a big bag from Costco and have been snacking on it all week!
 Thursday: sliced ham, potato salad, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, baby tomato, honeydew and granola
Friday: Ham sandwiches on honey wheat bagels, veggies and granola
I also got my prize from the Bai smoothie contest delivered this week! I think we will be set for drinks for a long time. If the other flavors are half as good as the coconut I'm in for a treat!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...