Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Loaded Baked Potato Dog

Yum
A few weeks ago, within 10 minutes of landing in New York I got a call from a number I didn't know. I usually never answer those but it was a NY number so I picked up. I was shocked when I was told I had been selected as the grand prize winner for the Crazy Hot Dog Contest by Berk's Foods! Their challenge was to come up with your best twist on the all American favorite- the hot dog.
I actually made three entries, a Bloody Mary inspired hot dog, a buffalo wing hot dog and a loaded baked potato dog 
This is the one they chose, and it was also my kid's favorite!
8 Berks All Beef Franks
8 slices bacon
8 potato bread hot dog buns
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons sour cream
1-1/4 cup sliced green onion

Preheat a large grill pan over medium high heat.
Wrap each frank with one slice of bacon, tucking the ends of bacon in to prevent unraveling. Cook the bacon wrapped franks in the grill pan for 10 minutes, turning frequently to brown all sides evenly.
While the franks are cooking, lightly toast the buns.
To assemble, sprinkle an equal amount of cheese on each toasted bun. Place a cooked hot dog in each bun and top each with an equal amount of sour cream and sliced green onion.
Serve immediately. Serves 8.

Check out Berk's page to see the other recipes that made it into the top 3

1 comment:

  1. Let's hope this roll continues to win the Super Bowl tickets! :D

    ReplyDelete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...